JuVee Productions Overview
JuVee Productions is an artist driven, Los Angeles-based production company that develops and produces independent film, television, theater, VR, and digital content across all spaces of narrative entertainment. JuVee Productions seeks to produce economical yet premium, sophisticated, and character-driven stories. With an emphasis on producing narratives from a diverse range of emerging and established voices alike, JuVee Productions aims to become the go-to creative hub where the next generation of filmmakers and artists have the space to craft dynamic stories spanning the broad spectrum of humanity.
OUR PROCESS AND HOW WE RECONSTRUCT THE NARRATIVE
Reconstruct – recreate, remake, reassemble
- JuVee wants to recruit and mentor a new generation who represents the world because, for us, inclusion is a strategic imperative.
- JuVee is a company you can depend on to help craft your stories into a bold vision. We are interested in a new way into narrative point of view. Let’s share ideas and breed creativity.
- We defy preconceived expectations by continuing to set the bar for quality. We disrupt the idea of impossible and reconstruct it with proof of what is possible.
- Building a new and safe ecosystem that embraces all points of view as equals so that the artists can create paradigm shift in the industry.
- We want to be a safe place to let emerging voices grow and shine… a home for a creative renaissance.
- JuVee is a place where established artists are embraced and protected as they pivot and find a new side of their creative voice.
- Identifying raw, provocative and authentic stories taken from real life and bringing those stories to a global audience looking for connection.
- Subverting classic storytelling with fresh takes on characters and concepts and by promising and delivering an undeniable thrill ride.
- Nothing is more important than the integrity of an artist’s vision; JuVee aims to protect and platform that unique point of view in hopes of sparking conversations and creating change.
- JuVee is not only a multi-media company, it is a home for the omni-media artist.
Education – Entertainment
JuVee Productions is a world leader in VR content.
Viola Davis is a critically revered actress of film, television, and theater and has won rave reviews for her intriguingly diverse roles. Audiences across the United States and internationally have admired her for her work- including her celebrated, Oscar-nominated performances in The Help (2011) and Doubt (2008), and her work in ABC's How To Get Away With Murder (2014-2015). In little more than 15 years as a professional actress, Davis has given her audiences a substantial list of performances: appearances in 23 films, more than 40 episodes of television dramas, seven Broadway and off-Broadway productions, earning a cascade of awards and nominations. Davis recently won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series for her work on How To Get Away With Murder.
Julius Tennon is an accomplished film, television, and theatre veteran with over thirty years of experience. A native of Austin, Texas, he began as both a thespian and a star linebacker. Julius was offered a full football scholarship to the University of Tulsa, where he became the very first African-American to graduate from the theatre department. Mr. Tennon's notable screen credits include: Fame, Friday Night Lights, Dazed and Confused, Lonesome Dove, and popular television shows such as Criminal Minds, Rizzoli & Isles, ER, The Practice, Mad About You, NYPD Blue, and Moesha, among many others. In 1999, Julius was blessed to meet the love of his life, Viola Davis, on the set of the CBS series City of Angels. A month after meeting, they began dating, and were married four years later. A couple in every sense of the word, their greatest joy comes from sharing both their life and art together. Julius and Viola have shared both the stage and screen, appearing in such notable projects as Intimate Apparel at the Mark Taper Forum, CBS' Laws of Chance, The Architect, and Life is Not a Fairytale: The Fantasia Barrino Story and the upcoming film Lila and Eve.
A graduate of USC’s School of Cinematic Arts, Kaylon Hunt has been recognized for his body of work in both acting and filmmaking. His work has been featured in many top national media outlets and publications including IndieWire, Essence, and Variety Magazine, which deemed him “One to Watch” in their Hollywood New Leaders issue. Hunt has produced a number of award-winning projects including Turbo, which won an Emmy Foundation College Television Award, and his first directorial effort, Hero Story, which has toured at festivals across the globe. Formerly a math major, Hunt learned to teach himself difficult skill-sets such as programming and visual effects. He is an avid fan of technology and art, and finding ways to innovatively blend the two together.
Joining the JuVee team in 2016, Andrew Wang was previously Vice President of Scripted Television and Production for the cable network Bravo, where he was responsible for establishing the cabler as a home for scripted programming. While at Bravo, he developed Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, the comedy Odd Mom Out, and the upcoming dark comedy My So-Called Wife. Prior to joining Bravo, Wang previously held the role of Vice President of TV Development & Production for Alloy Entertainment where he was involved in developing and managing popular television series such as Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars and 666 Park Avenue. He was instrumental in bringing several successful hour long drama and half-hour comedy series to networks including NBC, ABC, The CW, ABC Family and Nickelodeon. Wang started his career at Storyline Entertainment where during his three years there, he oversaw scripted and non-fiction series under ABC Studios, as well as developed longform projects under Sony Television Pictures including ABC’s A Raisin In The Sun and A&E’s Wedding Wars. Wang graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a B.S. in Radio, Television and Film.
Aboubacar Sissoko is a former wealth manager at Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley (Series 7 & 66) with more than 30 years of experience in international business. He was educated at the University of Brussels (Belgium) and earned a master in Political Sciences and LL.M in International law.